NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has come to my attention that a new member who joined our site last week, has been sending solicitations to members via Private Messages, this after I deleted their ads for fly ties from the classifieds section. I explained to this person that the classified section of our site is for members to advertise items for sale or items they are looking to buy. It is not for commercial businesses to sell their products. Solicitations via Private Messages are not allowed on this site. That person only joined this site in order to market their products, not to participate in our fishing community. I have banned them from the site.

If you have a product or service that you would like for our members to know about you can purchase an "Angler Sponsor" membership, which allows you to add a 600x60 pixel banner link to your signature file, or you can email [email protected] to inquire about purchasing a button or banner ad. Membership on this site is free, solicitations are not. If you received a PM from this member this weekend I apologize for the inconvenience and I encourage you NOT to respond to them. They are located in Africa and I have no idea if their business is legitimate or not. If you are ever contacted by someone like this on our website, please email me and copy the message so I can take care of it. Thank you.

Randy

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
I suppose the country that you were supposed to send the money to was Nigeria. That sounds like one of the scams the nigerians are famous for. If you questioned the long response time it would be due to the overwhelming response and for another 50 or a hundred bucks you could get that many more. Anyway legitimate buisnesses don't spam!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Randy, Thanks for taking care of it. I hope I didn't come across too harsh...the contempt wasn't meant for you or the site. I'm pleased to see you take a hard line on this one.

Gary

·
Premium Member
8,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Absolutely! I hate spammers and unsolicitated stuff. Please let me know anytime things like this happen. We want the site to be open for any anglers to join us. It is a shame that some folks just try to take advantage of our open forum.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.