NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if there is someone in the Raleigh area that would change the butt caps off my Shimano Convergence spinning rods.They are made of black rubber and make marks all over my boat.Maybe aluminum or cork would do the trick.I have 13 rods I want this done on.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
could you just dip the ends in plasti-dip ?

Reactions: Fish_Fiend
G

·
How about some of the PVC end caps? Maybe the one-inch diameter with a shot of adhesive caulk in the bottom to hold them on? If those won't fit I have seen the clear rubber tubing at Lowes that you can buy by the foot in the plumbing section. Buy a foot or so of the right size and cut them into 2 or 3 inch lengths and slip them over the butt end of the rod. If I recall the price is around $1.50 per foot depending on the size you need.

I had some cheap oar locks that were scuffing up my oars where the oar sits in the lock because they had sharp edges. I used the PVC coupling and mounted it inside the oar lock and then put my oars thru that, sort of like a collar. No more scratched/scuffed up oars. Cost me about $1.05 to fix the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.