NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey.
I saw something on TV about noodling for catfish.
1) Is it legal in NC?
2) Does anybody know of any tips if I were to go
3) what/where are some catfishing hotspots in the triangle area. (ponds, lakes....)

- Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
Topsail I think he means jumping in the water and reaching in caves and under falling trees until a catfish bites his hand then he grabs it and pulls him out of the water. My friend just had me watch a video on noodling called Okee noodling those guys are crazy. I dont think it is legal here Im not positive but i know it is on legal in a few states Oklahoma, Missouri, And georgia was all i could find

·
Registered
146 Posts
i went ONCE with a friend of mine at fort campbell. i dont reccomend it. sometimes the catfish holes go back pretty far and thats when the brain starts thinking of alligator snapping turtles. the way i was told to do it is to stick your hand/arm into the mouth, let the fish bite, grab inside its mouth and 'simply' pull up. i wouldnt do it alone. i have never caught a cat noodling but have seen it in person.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Was at the bottom of Mt. Island Lake Dam near Charlotte and saw some mexicans diving in and noodling the bottom of the discharge--got a chunk of meat bit out of his hand by a snapper...I don't know about you, but I don't need a cat that bad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.