NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Below are a couple of links about the NCFPS. Membership in the NCFPS is free. I think that it is important to support their efforts to save a historical part of out state and fishing access for anglers at home and from across the country that visit North Carolina. Even if you you primarily fish from a boat you can show support for your fellow anglers by simply lending your name to this project.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MJDHPYIqDs"]YouTube - North Carolina Fishing Pier Society(NCFPS) Saving the piers![/ame]

Page 1

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
I primarily fish out of a boat these days but still make it to the pier a dozen or so times per year. Piers are where I spent a large chunk of my time when I was a boy - kept me out of trouble (well for the most part anyway ;)). Piers are an important part of our hertitage in NC!

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
ta is right though i own several boats. i too use a pier at times when i am on the coast..it is a shame that the piers are dissappearing..

zooker

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I love pier fishing and as a kid it is what introduced me to fishing the salty. For many it is their first touch with nature and it should be there for our future sportsmen and women to discover. I am proudly a member.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I am also a member even though I primarily fish freshwater. We cannot let them disappear fellas. Too many of you spend a large chunk of your life on them or around them in some manner.
Even a transplant like me knows they have to be saved they are a part of the heritage given us.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
The more names on the list the better so just sign up PLEASE!

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Even if you have never fished saltwater and never plan to, we need to support the piers and those who do. We may them for ramp improvement, stream clean-up, or some other cause that is vital to fishing. OK who has signed up!!!!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Guys, The response to this posting has been fantastic. Thanks Backlash for posting this. My nephew, Brendan, did the UTube Videos. The membership is free and for that you get a couple of bumper stickers, a membership card, and a monthly E-newsletters about piers and other things. We hope to do some more events at piers this year as well as keeping the news about how scarce our access is becoming.

If you go to Page 1 check out the feature of the month it is Riseley Pier at Camp Legeune.

Thanks again - Al

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Roadkillal

I hope that folks will see how important that it is to speak out on issues such as these. Everyone deserves the oppourtunity to enjoy our outdoors. With the growing number of anglers , access is one of the biggest problems that we face.

Thank you and your nephew for having the drive to do something about this.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.