NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 80 yrs old and a lazy fisherman. I love pier fishing. We are planning a trip to the subject area in mid to late October, and Yes I know this is NOT NC..

I am looking for someone that fishes this area that can provide fishing information for the piers this time of year. I have checked the NC piers and they have NOT done well in serveral years. I am hopimg the subject area is doing better.

Thanks for any information.

·
Registered
62 Posts
My buddy did pretty well last week at Surf City Pier hooking into this King. I think he caught this on the 16th.

Shorts Hat Smile Fisherman Fish

As Fall starts transitioning into Winter, Jeanette's Pier produces nice black and red drum among other game species.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I am 80 yrs old and a lazy fisherman. I love pier fishing. We are planning a trip to the subject area in mid to late October, and Yes I know this is NOT NC..

I am looking for someone that fishes this area that can provide fishing information for the piers this time of year. I have checked the NC piers and they have NOT done well in serveral years. I am hopimg the subject area is doing better.

I lived in MB for 20yrs. Left in 84 when things started getting crazy down there. Mind you this is pre-Hugo. At that time springmaid pier was one of the better piers to go to. That is at the south end of Myrtle. A personal favorite probably is the garden City Pier. I seem to have caught more off of it. I always assumed it was because of its proximity to the inlet. Starting at Cherry Grove working south you have Cherry Grove Pier Apache campground Pier springmaid Pier Surfside Beach Pier and garden City Pier assuming they were all rebuilt after Hugo. There was Pier 14 downtown but I'm not sure if they ever rebuild it completely it was just a restaurant. If you're into inlet fishing there is a nice pier down at crazy sister Marina in murrells inlet. Used to be Captain Dick's Marina and I'm pretty sure it's free. Hope that helps

·
Registered
31 Posts

And I forgot the state park pier. never really did that good there though.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I got an afternoon at Apache last Oct, got a bunch of sea robins and a Pompano or two using shrimp on bottom rigs. Others were jigging for Spanish and Blues using Sabiki rigs or straw rigs on 12-15' rods. It was new to me but the folks down there all do it that way.
If you go to apache be prepared to get lost in the campground getting to the pier and be ready to pay for parking in addition to the pier access. Lady at the pier said I was supposed to get stopped at the beginning of the campground to pay but didn't charge me 🤷🏻‍♂️
Tight lines.

·
Registered
31 Posts

Another idea hit me that you may consider in the south jetty at murrells inlet. You can access is it through huntington beach state park. It would require a good walk but probably the best fishing you would get. Cut mullet at the mouth for drum would be my suggestion. You may have to pay to get into the park but the jetty is free.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts