NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some friends and I headed out to North Topsail yesterday morning for some surf fishing. We caught a mixed bag of fish including pinfish, spot, and croaker. Nothing to brag about or take pictures. We did use a few pinfish on our "bigger" rods and after about an hour the drag went screaming on one. Unfortunately it was on my buddies rod so I did not get to partake in the fight. After about a 20 minute battle, we landed what we guestimated to be a 35 lb ray. I held his tail down with a towel while my buddy took the removed the hook. Fortunately it was hooked right in the corner of its mouth. Funny story actually. The first hook removed was not attached to our rod. I do not know how long it had been in there but it looked as though it was cut off as there was no line attached to it. And it was stainless. We then got our hook out of its mouth and released it. I later had my drag start screaming but was unable to land what ever it was. Probably another ray or possibly a shark. Any who. Had a great time and I'm sure we'll be heading back in the near future.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.