NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Fished Seaview from 3-5 this afternoon. Caught speckled pinfish.:D Other anglers were catching a few nice Black Drum, and lots of skates on cut shrimp. I have not seen a red drum on the beach in a week. But the bait was very,very thick. There probably is one hangin' around somewhere.

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
If you do go and try for specks, the water was very clear today. The specks would not hit traditional green grubs etc. very well. Nor would they hit gulps. I caught them on dark colored jerk shad style baits. Other anglers were catching them on" little fishes". The smallish plastic baits. Most of the fish caught were in the 11-15 in range. There should be big boys somewhere. You just have to be there when a school of biggies come through.

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
What's going on Breadman! Wish I could be there going after some specks with you....but then you would be fishless. I've been killing some steelies and rainbows out here in oregon.
I am sure some steelies and rainbows would be fun. You may need a law degree to understand Oregon's regulations though............:eek:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.