NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a call this morning, my Dad had a vacation day to burn so he took his kayak down to north end of Topsail. He put in the first pubic beach site after turning left once you cross the high rise bridge. Within two hours he had broken a rod, hooked himself and landed at least ten 15in+ spanish. He said they were literally schooling under his yak with several airborne within paddles reach. He ended up pulling out and heading to Sea View Pier for the rest of the morning. A few blues on plugs but not much else. Looks like things are going strong.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I wonder how long it will take the water to settle after this weekends blow?? I'd like to get back out their to the pier next week myself..

·
Registered
103 Posts
Sound better then i did this week. I went to Carolina beach and fished the Inlet. All I caught was a 15 inch shark. We were going to stay for three days but my friend got sun burnt so bad his hands and feet were swelling up so we left after the 1st day. Also it's not so fun being in a small skiff in the inlet with large boats plowing by. My boat filled up a quarter of the way with water several times. I also tried fishing around ft. fisher around some of the islands in the cape fear. We caught one little rat red.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.