NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
West side of which bridge? Wilson Blvd bridge or the 24 bridge? I've been sticking to Wallace Creek and have been doing ok. Caught a 25in last Tuesday (along with 3 other pups 16-17in), then caught 8 pups on Friday and 4 more on Saturday. Been wanting to try Northeast but haven't yet. Tried French creek on Sunday, but only for about an hour until the wind picked up. way too cold (only 38 out, not counting the wind!)

Water Cloud Sky Lake Shorts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Was the 24 bridge but I'm fairly sure you can find them on either side and all the way to the main river. I like the west side of 24 more because it's less water to cover especially in a kayak.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Caught one Drum all weekend. Was fishing Whitehurst creek just below the Kilo ranges south of New River. Caught on a 4" Gulp minnow on an 1/8 oz jig head. Caught in 3 feet of water. Very stained water back there too. Tons of bait everywhere both mullet and fiddler crabs. The further I went back in the creek the less bait I saw. Talked to a few boaters (I'm in a native slayer) and most said one-two fish reds and specks. Will probably be exploring some of those smaller feeder creeks. If you need access you can take Rhodes Town rd all the way down to a small ramp only 1/4 mile paddle to the entrance to the creek.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.