NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I can only say it was in the hay stacks. I was told it was a secret spot. you know how that goes. ha ha!!!! but I will tell you this. There are a lot of drum in that area. there all along the banks. Sight fishing is so much fun!!!!
thanks that's more than enough info. I never ask for the exact gps location, just the general area, more for interest than anything. I certainly won't be fishing that area any time soon. Again, thanks for sharing!

Reactions: NCPIERMAN

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
congrats on the sweet red,id say 6 1/2 to 7 pounds and just a word the haystacks arent the best kept secret ;)
love all the spots on that red nice and dark and plenty :) good job on 8 pound test was it mono or braid?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
congrats on the sweet red,id say 6 1/2 to 7 pounds and just a word the haystacks arent the best kept secret ;)
love all the spots on that red nice and dark and plenty :) good job on 8 pound test was it mono or braid?

it was mono. and get this. I've been fishing with a 1/4ounce jig head, with D.O.A. minnow(trout color) tied on all day. got nothing. and I kept getting snagged on the grass bottom. So I reached in my freshwater tackle box and tied on a BPShops vertical drop hook. Its a wide gapped hook with a sinker attached. and on that I tied a zoom super fluke. It was baby bass color. I made it weedless to cutt through the grass. And this had way more action than the D.O.A. did. I wasnt sure it would work but it did. As soon as it hit the water he killed it!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.