NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Red X Angler
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So me and Ms.PGARICK hit the ICW late morning. Went to location #1 and the bait fish were in thick and jumping all around. Tide shifted and was inbound.
I tossed top water baits for a couple hours, nothing but short strikes. I had nothing for these fish in top water, time to switch it up.
I went to my popping cork rigged with a DOA 4" white shrimp/chartreuse tail, BAMMMM!!! But not what I expected. First fish landed was a 23" flattie, yayyy, finally something boated.
A little bit later a 21" flattie was landed. So my popping cork appeals to the flat fish as well.
Things slowed down and we moved down to Jinx Creek. I tossed a cast net for live bait, loaded up and switched to a Carolina rig and proceeded to catch rays/sharks.
Storm moved in and we loaded. Two keepers, filleted them up and put on ice.

Hoping for a more productive day tomorrow
flounder.jpg flounder1.jpg

·
Red X Angler
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Trigger, I spent 2 hours trying to find something these fish would hit in top water, I had nothing for them in my box. The popping corks always seem to produce

·
Red X Angler
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe half dozen flatties? Regardless, a bad day on the water is better than a great day at work (as if that really exists)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
768 Posts
OK!!.....................405 post in as little as a monthish.....dude, you are infested with the fishing disease!!! Calm down before you get divorced :D!

Awesome report and keep them coming.....oh "flounder master you are" :)

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Yep....it gets worse....

·
Registered
9,996 Posts
Aha!!!! Pics tell it all. You told me you were in your 50s. I'd say your my age or older. great job on the catch. 23 and 21 inch flounders are nothing to laugh about.

·
Red X Angler
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Aha!!!! Pics tell it all. You told me you were in your 50s. I'd say your my age or older. great job on the catch. 23 and 21 inch flounders are nothing to laugh about.
I am in my fitties, be fitty uno this December

·
Red X Angler
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Don't let that old codger RouseD get to you Rick. His first watch was a Sun Dial.
Hahahahaha, it's all good. Trying to get my kids up so I can take them to breakfast. Ms. PGARICK and I have a date on the ICW. She wants to catch something worth filleting.

·
Red X Angler
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Did you hear the part of getting the kids up John? This guy is really good.
I have a 12/11 and 8 year old each moving at a snails pace this morning. Soon we will forgo the awesome breakfast and they will settle for a Hardees biscuit. I have a date with destiny :)

·
Registered
9,996 Posts
I feel for you man. Hate to say it, but my oldest granddaughter is almost 22 yo. Just a bit of teasing on the age. It is h2ohhh's fault.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts