NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter, Savannah, and I qualified and just finished competing in the Fishers Of Men Legacy National Championship Tournament on Clarks Hill Reservoir in GA. It was a 50 boat field and I didn't get to pre-fish.

Fortunately, I have history there as I used to live in GA and that was my home lake for about 20 years. It's actually where I cut my teeth on tournament bass fishing.

After blowing out a tire on the way, barely making the check in meeting with 10 minutes to spare and then on the morning of the first day, realizing that my stern light was gone, I took a deep breath and was ready to take on the tourney, after borrowing a light, of course!

Day 1 turned out to be a good day, yielding a total of 11.52 pounds with a three fish limit. Savannah caught the first keeper of the day and once she got things going, it was culled out for the larger fish I caught throughout the day...

Sav Day 1 LM keeper.JPG

More Day 1 fish...

2.25 LM.jpg 2.5 LM.jpg 5 lb LM.jpg 3.5 LM.JPG CH Spot.jpg

Our Day 1 limit...

Day 1 Limit.jpg

Day 2 was tougher, but we stayed on some fish up in the river part of the lake and after Savannah managed the first keeper again, I upgraded to a two day total of a 6 fish limit at 17.6 pounds and second place in the championship!

We didn't get as many pics of the second day because we had to hunker down and work harder to get them in the boat.

Savannah's day 2 keeper...

Sav Day 2 LM.JPG

Our Day 2 limit...

Day 2 Limit.jpg

And the plaque presentation...

Final Second Place.JPG Plaque.JPG

It was a great two days of fishing and all our fish were caught on jerk baits and Zoom super flukes...albino in color. While there, I was blessed to stay with my newly graduated and employed RN daughter and her husband. It was a great visit and an awesome championship tourney!

I will fix the pics as soon as I can...

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Those are some skinny fish down there. Congrats on second. I wish my dad would have been into tournament fishing when I was growing up, would have made my life much easier! I kind of wish he would fish them with me now too but he doesnt want any part of it.

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those are some skinny fish down there. Congrats on second. I wish my dad would have been into tournament fishing when I was growing up, would have made my life much easier! I kind of wish he would fish them with me now too but he doesnt want any part of it.
Sorry to hear that...my dad took me from as early as I can remember...now I'm paying it forward with my kids. Wen ever my dad visits, I get him out there now, too. I would love that all dads did that for their kids...

Reactions: dbeam
1 - 9 of 9 Posts