NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was a day a long time coming. Graduated from NC State with my bachelors. I want to express my thanks for this website. Finding ncangler was one of the best things that happened to me in the past few years. Whenever things were tough or I faced adversity, I had friends on here to turn to. I never had to talk about my problems but I had a network of people to talk about fishing and to go fish with. There were dark times where fishing trips with friends on here really saved me and kept me going in the right direction. When other friends would let me down, I always had people to turn to on here.

A lot of you have made more of an impact on me than you can imagine, just that simple kindness of the fishing community of North Carolina is something I will always cherish. Even when I first joined getting messages from great people like Dbeam and NCpierman offering to go fish when I barely knew them, I knew this was a place for me. I've learned so much and like to think that I have given back to this community with my own knowledge as well. Many local ncanglers have become regular fishing buddies like gremlinsrus, spidey, and fishincary, and we have a great time out there. SteveF and Brickphil have been great down at the coast and even others like Big Dawg and abert that I haven't actually met I consider friends. And as always the Red X Anglers are all great people. This has been a place that I have met so many great people, a lot of which who I consider lifelong friends. I could mention enough names on here of people who have been influential to me that would have you reading for weeks.

Thank you to everybody who makes this site possible. It truly does make a difference beyond fishing itself. No matter where the next chapter of my life takes me, whether I am still in NC or not, I hope that I can continue to call this website home.

shad.jpg
5-3(4).jpg MAd8.jpg ncgrad4.jpg ncgrad5.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Congratulations James well deserved graduation and hope you stay in NC we need fish cleaners ;)

·
Red X Angler
11,227 Posts
thanks y'all means a lot ;) hopefully between now and finding a career I can find some time to fish! been workin 50 hour weeks past couple weeks though.. lettin the fish get a head start
I am sure they appreciate it. The invite to Hickory is always open,:) but if you wander up this to fish with wademaster, fishfiend, and abert, save a day for some trout or smallies, or lets see if it works out to gather somewhere and have a NCStatefisher graduation fishing party.:D

Darrell

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Congrats man!!!!! Now we gotta get some time out to get after some BIG Bass. I do want to thank you for all your help and recommendations since. I first ran into ya. I was clueless about bass fishing and appreciated all your help and feel like I still have a lot to learn bit doing pretty good due to good mentoring,
!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts