NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We started out at 5am for a creek off the Pamlico in search of trout, flounder, and striped bass (really anything that would bite b/c we had two newbies with us.) With my Father-in-Law and the other two, we were in the water and casting by 7am. The first hour or so produced nothing! :confused: We were using both topwater & jigs, looking for anything. I had a bite, but had my back turned helping out when it happened and I missed him.:rolleyes:

After a couple of hours of this, we decided to head in another direction and look for flounder. When wouldn't you know it, we caught our first one! The first one in the boat went to my father-in-law. Unfortunately, he was too small. Ten minutes or so later, we had another fish on! This time I was the fortunate one with another flounder that was undersized! :(

While still in the same area and using the same bait, I had another on! He jumped out of the water and he sent my grub flying! I knew I had lost him and had accepted defeat when all of a sudden my drag was in full motion! It turned out to be a 2 lbs largemouth!

After another 3-4 passes with nothing else, we decided to head closer to the dock and go home. While on the way, we noticed alot of batifish activity so we stopped and fished it. The final catch of the day was a 17" Striper :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(.

All-in-all, it was great fun with people that I enjoyed spending time with. One had never been before and now has the bug! So it looks like we've got a new partner!

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.