NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy folks,

I started fishing as a small child with my dad in his old 14' Starcraft V hull with an old 18 hp evinrude double-line gas tank on Lake Norman. By the time I was 8-10 years old, dad's health declined enough that we couldn't go any more. Living in Charlotte at the time, my fishing opportunities were scant. 10 years ago, I moved to a rural area between Henderson and Warrenton and started fishing farm ponds in the warm months from my Grandpa's old homemade cypress jon boat. Dad finally past away 8 years ago and I got the old Starcraft. (Yeah, I have a problem letting go of old things from my family). Haven't done much with it in the last 8 years except update the motor slightly to an early 70's Johnson 25.

Being that my wife also enjoys fishing, we've recently decided to make it a point to go, so the old Starcraft has seen more service lately than it has in the last 35 years.
I've updated the seats and bought a trolling motor.

I got word recently that my job is gonna move us to New Bern in about a year or so. I understand (and hope) the fishing is quite good down that way.

I found a link to NC Angler from the ncdeer website...Just what I was looking for!

·
Premium Member
8,127 Posts
Welcome aboard Muddy Water. We try to get down to Oriental, NC (30 minutes past New Bern off Hwy 55) to fish the Pamlico Sound/Neuse River a few times each year. It is a great area to be on the water. Tight lines! ;)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Welcome to the best fishing spot in all the world. There is no other place that you can come and enjoy the company of folks that share the same passion as you do. welcome aboard.

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
You'll be happy in New Bern..you can go one way for salty fish and the other for freshy fish...:) Good catfishing too I hear upriver.. Just dont forget to flush that ole' motor everytime you go out... Salt will eat em up!! I have a 1966 Avalon w/70hp 1975 Evinrude and a 1977 Chaparral with another 70HP 1977 Evinrude, so I flush them every time I fish the Pamlico River here in Washington which is also brackish as it ends the Tar river.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Welcome Muddy Water! I use to fish the Trent and Neuse rivers quite a bit in New Bern. Both great fishing! I was partial to fishing the Trent but enjoyed running up the Neuse towards Kinston also. Just be careful!

Mark

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.