NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went dragging shad for five hours, nothing, not a single goood bite all day. The lake is down around five ft. and dropping. The fishing is getting pretty bad, need a hurricane. A cat 1 of course. Not going again until the water level comes back up. talk to you guys later. kthomas

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
went dragging shad for five hours, nothing, not a single goood bite all day. The lake is down around five ft. and dropping. The fishing is getting pretty bad, need a hurricane. A cat 1 of course. Not going again until the water level comes back up. talk to you guys later. kthomas

We down here on the coast are trying to figure out how to get you your hurricane without it destroying our property and livelihood ......LOL

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
fran was a cat iii storm, I`ll take a thunderstorm, a hailstorm,a squall, a little drizzle, mist, fog, need some precipitation my man. They closed down my favorite lake to the public last week. I`m having withdrawels. Screw it, I`m going to the coast. Later.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Topsail, I`m going to little river inlet this weekend. I`m taking the brother and will be fishing the inlet and the ICW. I hear the fishing is pretty good. I`ll be fishing either live bait or some shrimp colored tube baits. The tube baits I use have been pretty successful in the past around the oregon inlet. I`ve caught some nice flounder and speckled trout. Will post some pics hopefully. Man there is nothing like a flounder pouncing on a artificial. I caught a 3lbs. flounder on a shrimp colored tube and it hit like a freight train. Much different from live bait. I hope it rains all weekend so my brother cant drag me to playing golf and we will have to fish the entire time in little river. I`m a fishing junkie, and proud of it. Golfing is a nice plan B though. Talk to ya later. kthomas
PHP:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.