NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went out last monday, netted some shad, then sent them adrift behing the boat. We caught about 15 channel cats anywhere from 5ft of water to 30 ft. the biggest about 5lbs. Heck of a day. Anybody heard of hybrids being caught in this lake? There are rumors but I have yet to see one. They said they stocked 10000 fingerlings there last year. Hope to see one some day. good fishing to all.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I fished the lake last week and caught a couple of bass and catfish on a crankbait. The office says they have hybrids and a buddy of mine has caught one but I have yet to see any in person. I will be back out there this weekend to try again.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
there are hybrids in the lake and most of them are caught around the points and creek channels in the lake but they are very had to catch. keep after them and you will get one .last year a buddy of mine was up there trolling and caught 2 both were around 9 lbs. but the fish just didnt seem to be really thick in the lake. tit is unknown as to where all the fish that they stock are going or really how many are surviving to reach adults..

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys for the info. I`ll definitely keep trying. I went out today dragging cut shad and had a good time, nothin big, but consistent bites. it was me and the little daughter. It took me awhile to convince her she was having a good time, but she finally admitted she was towards the end of the day. Once she accepted the fact that she was stuck on my boat for the duration, she made the best of it. Got her to cut up my bait for me. She`s coming around. I`ll make a fishergirl out of her eventually.

Attachments

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
That third pic is a keeper for sure!!! You need to blow that up and display it on her wedding day...LOL!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Oak Hollow is a good lake for hybrids. Go toward the dam and troll slow and deep in between the air lines. Also go up past the campground and just under the bridge to the right and hit the bank. I pulled several 5 - 8 lb bass from in there. Used spinners with yellow and some red. I have found also that pumpkin seed lizards work good around the large point across from the dam at the golf course.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the info. I`ve been wanting to hear about somebody catching some hybrids. A few years back I found one floating, it went about 7lbs. Awesome sight, but that has been my only sighting. I`ve seen very few arches in the deep water. But I spotted one last Monday in about 25 ft of water suspended about 4ft off the bottom. One of these days I`ll trail some shad deep. On Monday I caught some nice cats, one 6lbs and the other 3lbs. Man is that lake full of shad. Thanx again for the info.
good fishing to all kthomas

·
Registered
301 Posts
I live about a mile from oak hollow and my buddy caught a very small hybrid the other day on a hot pink worm off of our boat near the non-motor boat launch.

yes there are a million shad in that lake jumping all over the place!

i caught 3 very small bass and a catfish too.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I fished there last sunday afternoon. Caught two bass off of a plastic worm. I also bought some minnows and caught one small bass, a few bream and one perch. Only the third perch I have ever caught. It was small but there has got to be bigger ones in there. As far as the shad goes they are everywhere. You can get caught up in trying to fish topwater but except for a few single fish I have yet to see anything school up on them.

·
Registered
80 Posts
oak hollow has a good the best bait is bread for cats and the have huge carp try the sail boat lunch point the wood docks bass i havent caught anything ok try the air lines and try under 311 bridge for crappie i swal a old man jig for crappie under the bridge he was hooking them

·
Registered
28 Posts
been a couple time over the last few weeks, yes shad are everywhere and so easy to catch, just throw the net over the bubbles and u have a net full. Funny thing is different sizes of shad. caught all big ones (5-8 inches) the first day, then 2 to 3 inches the sec time. But anyway their are some nice channels in the lake all ive been able to catch there so far. Did catch about a hundred or so small haybrids in the next the first timwe though so they are in there. gonna be going tomorrow or saturday.

·
Registered
80 Posts
this has the best top lake try creeks and the park trolling the air lines fish with bread at the sail boat launch big fish like bread theres a lady that throws bread there been broke off three times in a row there had one on fight last tweny min the line broke fishing fire line 30 lbs ok my name is toby ask nate he works there fish the golf corse for bass also crappie are huge there and be on the look out for gold fish around the 6 pounds

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.