Hows the bite been on oak island any predictions for the up coming 2 weeks

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Should be on Fire......

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
There are several good websites for surf, weather, and fishing predictions that are pretty accurate.
The first site I look at is Magicseaweed.com which is a surfing website that covers surf, swell, surf direction,and wind for most of the world.
They give the probability of the forecast. What I like is they break down the day into 4 hour increments and forecast each one.
It's pretty dog gone accurate. I don't even load up to go without looking at it.

Then you can get into the websites with predictions based on the moon and tides with best times to fish.

It's just nice to know while I'm standing in 3 foot surf with a prediction rated at 100% that it will go flat after midnight. I know what to expect before I get there.

If the birds are diving the fish are there, If the fish are there, sharks are there.
It's when you roll out on the beach and don't see any birds that you need to worry.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I was out on masonboro island last weekend and a guy was camped up pulling in shark after shark. He was only yaking his baits out just past the surf not very far, would have been casting distance if the 15ft leader allowed such a thing. Biggest i saw was a 5'3 blacktip

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
You can get the job done with 2 foot leaders. Even less on some sharks. I mostly cast. if they are coming in close, no need to drag it out 100s of yards.

400 pound 49 strand stainless wire.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can get the job done with 2 foot leaders. Even less on some sharks. I mostly cast. if they are coming in close, no need to drag it out 100s of yards.

400 pound 49 strand stainless wire.

that's the leader material Ive always used when targeting kings, Spanish, and any other big teethy fish first time going for sharks for me tho

1 - 8 of 8 Posts