NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going down to oak island with some friends this week to do a little bit of fishing. I've never been to Oak Island but I've been around there, just wondering if anyone knows these parts and where some good places to fish would be. We'll be going out on a small skiff so we can fish the creeks and shallows that I'm guessing are in the area. Any advice for boating and fishing would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
341 Posts
If you put in at the Wildlife ramp you can go back up in the creek it is on (hang a left out of the launch). Dutchman creek is also a good place to fish. Anywhere along the creeks is generally good as is the ADM dock up the river toward Wilmington.

Reactions: wcgreen20

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hope I am not to late in this reply, Check out fishsouthport.com fishing report. we went to Duthmans Creek with Tommy and had a great day. There are lots of good creeks that empty into the ICW with bait fish at falling tide. It take asking at local bait shops and local guides services will also take you for the first time. Good Luck

·
Registered
14 Posts
Went to oak island last weekend with Grayson in Boone and we caught 11 flounders, with 3 keepers, in 6 hours. We only got to fish for 6 hours due to the horrible whether that follows me around on my days off.

We caught the flat fish in the Lockwood folly river on mud minnows.

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Went to oak island last weekend with Grayson in Boone and we caught 11 flounders, with 3 keepers, in 6 hours. We only got to fish for 6 hours due to the horrible whether that follows me around on my days off.

We caught the flat fish in the Lockwood folly river on mud minnows.
Weather sounds familiar lately. Good job on the flatties!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.