NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left at 4 am saturday morning headed to OBX got there around 11 am due to some stops and some breaks due to the 6 hour ride... WINDY, GRASS that was the just of it.. Alot of grass till Sunday about 3pm then it started clearing up but the wind was still blowing 20 to 30 mph all day so we packed up and headed home about 4pm decided to wait and try it another day when the wind and grass wasnt so bad... Did end up with a few spot and some mullet along with some aggrevating skates.... Must have caught 30 of them skates and yeah they pull good but aggrevating to get off a hook...

If the weather is cooperating this sunday I guess I will make a run to Ft Fisher and give it a try there and see whats happening... Seems with this cold weather and all the rain we got the water temp should be getting just right for things to bust loose......

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My son and I made a run to Fort Fisher Sunday and ended up with 16 blues and one keeper flounder.... Plenty of bait in the water and I mean plenty..... Ohh yeah almost got a nice 8 pt buck on my rod rack right before we got there... Deer just are everywhere down there seen about 10 on the way out at sunset and one fox that I have seen in the same area for the past 3 trips there... One night I noticed the fox coming away from someones truck... Guess he/she was getting some fish for dinner....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.