NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm posting this here to (I posted this under Fishing reports, Coastal).
The family and I will be staying in Kill Devil hills 11/7--11/15. Would like some info on the fishing. We want to do some pier fishing and beach fishing.

1. Which pier is best?
2. What fish are running and what baits to use?
Also want to head down to Hatteras and fish the point there. We have a 4x4 truck.
Same ?'s.
Also where to eat some great local seafood. I mean right off the boat type, or is it to late in season for that.
Hoping the crabs are still in as well as oysters.

·
Registered
418 Posts
http://twsbaitandtackle.wordpress.com/

There are good fishing reports for the area and piers here posted daily. I only ever surf fish in the summer, so I can't help too much. You can always bank on catching a lot of spot, croacker and mullet on bloodworms and two hook bottom rigs. I usually catch a ton until it gets old. You can always stick one on a big bottom rig and huck it out there, or cut it up.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Also, it can get a bit rough this time of year. Be prepared for "eight and bait". A good rule of thumb is to use the same weight as everybody else. Typically, you are looking at blues and drum by then
Trout are arouND too but that is a whole other ballgame.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.