NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
I was there 2 weeks ago and was catching blues galore in the surf. LOTS of Sharks too. I hooked a big one and it bent my boat rod and ripped my drag. it was in about 4 feet of water behind the breakers. put pressure on it and it just jumped and popped my line. It was big and very close. i was using 3 to 5 in. finger mullet that were alive about 2 hours pre to post high tide. Every bait came back to me as a head. Lots of small blues. 1 to 3 lbs.

·
Registered
17 Posts
myrtle beach sc pier fishing getting lots of gray trout, blues ,1-3 lb range, flonder 1-6 lb range and spanish macs on free floating finger mullet all others caught on bottom rigs with live finger mullet most just behind the breakers!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Got a friend that has been there fishing for the past week and has been catching a little bit of everything including a 5lb black drum and a 30 inch spanish and flounder and puppy drum, spot, trout seems to be a mix of everything biting while they were down....

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Every bait came back to me as a head.
I had that happen to me in Buxton two weeks ago. Everybody around me was catching blues, I was dragging in decapitated bait... just the cap part....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.