NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings All. I am heading down to Ocean Isle Beach, NC and would like some information relating to Kayak and wade fishing possibilities. Any advice or suggestions relating to access points and general areas to target (you don't have to tell me your honey hole:)) would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Paul

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
As a kid I went to Ocean Isle every year. If I was going I`d find a way to put in as close to the inlet between O.I. and sunset and fish around there. I am no expert salt guy by far. I would just put a chunk of fresh caught pin fish out and wait for a shark ride. Find you a nearby bait shop and you`ll probably get all the info you want. Make sure when you ask they know you`re not looking for a full fledged boat landing necessarily, just a yak spot. Alot of times you can find a public crabbing pier or park, something like that and have the place to yourself.
If you get near the inlet watch the tide . I can attest it really rips through there.--------stu

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.