NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody, we will be at Ocean Isle Beach the first 2 weeks of Sept and are looking for a charter. Have tried Ocean Isle Fishing Center and not real impressed. We are looking to catch good eating fish, black seabass, trout, flounder, spots (if they are in). Not looking for tropy fish, not interested in Mackerel, don't want to spend 1/2 getting to the gulf current, just 4 or 5 hours of productive bottom fishing, trolling, or drifting. No Headboats

There are 3 of us looking to fish. Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

Thanks for the help.

Ron In Ohio

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We have 4 or 5 couples that vacation at OIB, have so for the last 20 years. We all went to high school together and kept in touch over the years. Were all from Central OH, Columbus.

Mansfield's just up the road on I-71.

Thanks for the repy.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Hey Guys, My sister lives in Loudonville and has kids living in Howard, Mt. Vernon and Danville where her husband was from. I am visiting her the 2nd week in August. Loudonville is an beautiful area, right next to Amish Country.

Jim

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Ron,

I came across you post and I have noticed that Captain Brandt has had great luck out of the Ocean Isle Beach fishing Center. I live here and a bite to eat at the Giggling Mackerel, which is that restaurant right there, and they seem to do pretty well.

I have been out of Carolina Beach with The Musicman and they were great. They do a 6 man charter and we came back with 22 fish. One of my best days since I moved here 3 years ago.

My father and brother are coming down next week and we are likely going out with Captain Brandt. I'll let you know how it goes. It is getting a little late to book if you haven't already.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the update on the OIFC, I fished with Capt. Brant in June this year. He seems to want to fish for King Mackerel, we want to fish more for Bottom Fish - Sea Bass, Flounder etc. Don't think he would be a good match.

But thanks for the info, hope you slay them when you go out.

Ron

·
Registered
166 Posts
Ron, Let me know how it goes, we will be there with a group much like yours the last week of Sept and we are in pretty much the same boat. (pun intended). I'm probably taking my 18 ft CC but we may go out as a bigger group so we will be looking at other options.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sure I'll let you know how we make out. Last year was the first in 21 years that we hit the spots. We are normally leaving when the spots are coming south. Can't get the women to vacation in late Sept, I think their afraid it might snow.

Good luck and I'm sure we will leave some for you.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Late Sept is great, not brutally hot and the rates are down a touch. we have had the same house for 17 yrs , right on beach so we set up volley ball and margarita table and low country boil setup and have us a big ol time. course now that we are a little older the games go slower and tequila lasts longer

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.