NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to make a "what the heck" 3 day trip to Ocracoke with the wife and kids (luckily found a room). Forecast wasn't to bad and the winds were variable, felt like they changed every 2 hours. With Bertha moving by off the coast the water was dirty and grassy, not to mention a rip. To stack the deck against my drum fishing even more, I couldn't find fresh mullet anywhere on the island. I had to settle for some frozen finger mullet, dirty water and a pretty bad rip current. I struck off down to the south end and got on the beach, heading to a slough I have caught fish in for a few years in a row. Nope! NPS had the beach roped off about 1/2 south of the ramp. Now I am really frustrated. We got back on the black top and got on the next ramp up around the Pony Pens. It took some driving and looking but I found a decent looking hole. It was hard to hold bottom and fought the grass and "mushy" frozen mullet all afternoon. Fished pretty hard for 2 days and came up with these 2 bites. But...anytime on Ocracoke is a good time!

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts