NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been asked to go to Ocracoke sept28-october7. I would love to go for the Striper fishing. The only problem is all the stuff I read online only talks about Drum. I want to catch Striper not Drum. What's going on. I thought the OBX was great for striper this time of year is Ocracoke just a bad place or do they not fish for Striper. Somebody tell me if I am going to be able to catch Striper. I have a boat I will not be surf fishing. 18' boat inshore only is the plan. I fish landlocked Striper and a chance to fish saltwater Striper is golden but I will go somewhere else if I need to I dont want to waste a trip. P.S. not new to saltwater only saltwater Striper I dont need boat handling instructions I know what the coast of NC can do, dont want to be rude lets just not waste the time. Thanks everybody.

·
Registered
11 Posts
usually the stripers that time of the year are further norht of the jersey/delware coast a few do mingle down but normally the water temp off the NC coast is not yet cold enough this past winter for instance the fishing of the coast up north was way off because the water temp never got cold enough and when it did the stripers were already on the move south. If the water temp became colder sooner then it would change just depends alot on the weather. By the dates you described ill be living in delaware for a couple of years gimme a shout around that time and maybe we can get together and wind'em in!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.