NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a guide in Ocracoke that specializes in backwater fishing? (Reds,Trout etc...)
I looked around but mostly saw offshore fishing. I'm more interested in Fly Rodding inshore species.

Thanks

·
Registered
279 Posts
Can anyone recommend a guide in Ocracoke that specializes in backwater fishing? (Reds,Trout etc...)
I looked around but mostly saw offshore fishing. I'm more interested in Fly Rodding inshore species.

Thanks
Try fishtale charters. Used to be there doing inshore charters. My dad used him once and had a good time.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
619 Posts
+1 on Fishtales charter. He specializes in inshore fishing…I have been out with him twice.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
+1 on Fishtales charter. He specializes in inshore fishing…I have been out with him twice.
I checked with Tradewinds Tackle @ Ocracoke. According to the tackle shop,FishTales is no longer chartering. His boat was purchased and someone else is running charters. I got his number and will be calling

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
You might try OBX Flyfishing. Brian Horsley and his wife Sarah Gardner are both exceptional. They fish out of Oregon Inlet in the summer months, Harkers in the fall and winter.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is a Small world/Funny twist to this story. I called the guy that bought Fishtales boat. When I called, I gave him my name and he said, "Oh hey, I've duck hunted with you before". He is the son of a guide that I hunt with and has been helping his Dad guide since he was about 12 years old. I have a 1/2 day trip booked with him in late September

1 - 8 of 8 Posts