NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may have read a post I had in the striper section. I am going to Ocracoke the first week in Oct. I had hoped to go for striper but have since learned this is to early.:( Since the trip sounds like fun with some good guys I am going to go anyway.:D I am going with a 18' CC set up for light tackle and throughing the fly.:cool: Hoping for False Albacore, Blues or the like.:confused: What can I expect guys. Thanks.:)

·
Registered
171 Posts
I've done pretty good that time of year going after spots and seatrout not too far from the harbour mouth there. I can't remember the guys name but there is a guy who runs a center consol out of the pirates cove marina who can give you some good tips on what to throw and where. odds are you just need to follow all the other guys out to the big rock pile where you drift while bouncing a jig then motor back too the head of the line and drift again.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I've been up there to fish several times over the last two years.. never have found that magical beach that I see all these reds coming off of... anyone got directions????

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.