NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Surf and kayak fishing at Topsail Island the last two weeks of October. Any advice where to go and what to throw? Staying at Lanier Campground. I am 70 years old and hesitant about kayaking by myself anymore, so if you need a kayak fishing bud and knowledgeable of the area let me know. Also, if I do not find any troughs nearer the campground I will probably buy the permit and fish the North Topsail Inlet so I can pull my pickup out on to the beach. Have had real good luck up there in the past. I have never fished there but I have been told there is good fishing on the southern end but there is limited access? Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Surf and kayak fishing at Topsail Island the last two weeks of October. Any advice where to go and what to throw? Staying at Lanier Campground. I am 70 years old and hesitant about kayaking by myself anymore, so if you need a kayak fishing bud and knowledgeable of the area let me know. Also, if I do not find any troughs nearer the campground I will probably buy the permit and fish the North Topsail Inlet so I can pull my pickup out on to the beach. Have had real good luck up there in the past. I have never fished there but I have been told there is good fishing on the southern end but there is limited access? Thanks for any advice.
I stayed at Lanier Campground and fished out of my kayak for Redfish and flounder in July. I had some success fishing the grassy islands which are a short paddle from their dock and boat ramp. I’m 69 and felt relatively safe in that area. I always wear my auto-inflating vest when kayaking which provides me with a degree of safety in the event of a really bad senior moment. I hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts