NC Angler Forums banner
81 - 83 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Like Jerry said Chipmunks are pretty common in most parts on NC but seem to be less common east of raleigh...
seen plenty of Chipmunks in the neighborhood I grew up in alamance co and seen them in wake co right at Rex hospital.....as for skunks they are more common west and north of raleigh......
Flying squirrels- just as common as greys but you dont see them as they only come out at night.
Bobcats- plenty out there....I see one everyday......in my trophy room;)

Reactions: wademaster

·
Registered
9,996 Posts
I saw my 1st chipmonk a few years back while traveling on I40 on my way to the mtns at a rest stop. Took me a while to figure out what kind of critter they were.

·
Registered
1 Posts
To me, by far, the most incredible thing in the wild is the migration of the Monarch butterfly. Nobody knows how the great grand kids know how to get back to where their great grand parents were. It defies any scientific explanation. In fact, I've never even read a plausible hypothesis for how they might do it.
I read something one time about a study on duck migrations. Flocks travel together as they migrate, but they had discovered that even a 1st year duck if he got lost from the flock would find his way to the exact spot where the flock was headed. The study said they were born with it ingrained, like a GPS saved waypoint lol

81 - 83 of 83 Posts