NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14,639 Posts
I can attest for the bird to leader distance. I run my lures 5 - 8' behind the bird depending on the size of bird and lure being used. It works real well. I still get an occasional nip at the bird but infrequently now.

I do still put an 18" wire bite leader in front of the bird to protect from bite offs with flurocarbon from the bird to the lure. Doesn't seem to hurt the hook-up ratio as they head for the lure anyway.

·
Premium Member
8,127 Posts
Dave, Do you have a link for where you found the article? Even though you attributed it to William Tyler I still need to contact he or his publisher for permission to republish it here. If you have the link I'll follow up with them and maybe we can get some other good info too. ;)

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you'd a asked me an hour ago I might have remember'd it... :) ha hah a...
Nope, I did a drive by surfing... I can re-word it into my words if it's a problem...

Bottom line on the deal is,, simply shorten the line between the bird and the bait to increase strikes on the bait and take the focus off the bird

·
Registered
14,639 Posts
Google did all the work. Well I had to keep adding key words - finally had about 8 or 9 and it brought up the article I wanted within the first couple pages.

Even though it says you can email a buddy, I think you still have to get permission to republish the article on another web site or publication. Sometimes what I do is summarize the article and provide a direct link to the article itself which is usually okay.

Of course if you find "press releases" those are okay to publish.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.