NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
without typing all of them in take a look at this... go to google.com then type in long bay artifical reef. click the link then go to the bottom on the page and click on reef locations. Yaupon reef is killing the kings... ocean crest pier is slaying them as well. Live pogies, dead cigar minnows trolled with out spinning, yozuri deep divers and even bigger clarkspoons will result in a king mackerel. Troll from Ocean Crest Pier to the youpon reef area you will get something.

·
Registered
197 Posts
the saying is silver spoons on clear days and gold spoons on cloudy days. The larger spoons is what I have caught the kings on yes. I pull one skipping the surface in the center two on 2oz trolling sinkers far left and far right and two with 1oz trolling sinkers half the distance back of the 2ozers. The depth they are I have no clue. I never leave caught fish... so if spanish are biting at the inlet and I wanted to catch fish I would stay at the inlet. Live bait is #1 for kings... in my book. Dead cigars #2.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.