NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a two day blast offshore and it was filled with some nice fish. First day was a little better at the Big Rock, but both produced fish. I think we should have headed south yesterday and we would have had a few more tugs. I have a lot of editing to do but I wanted to give the report so hopefully some of you can get out there and enjoy the fishing this week.

Friday we started at 90 and headed to the NE corner. Grass was scatted and we felt like the grass was further off. We kept going to to about 100 fathoms and did manage a fish or to. Came back to AR302 and did much better. Ended the day with 12 nice gaffers.

Saturday decided to stay around 302. It was the same scattered grass but with a new crew it was hard to pick up and move. Fishing was pretty good until about 11. Landed 6 mahi and 1 nice wahoo.

Nice talking to some new people out there.

·
Registered
191 Posts
That Wahoo chatter on the radio made us leave a pretty good spot, had one on before we got the second line out but the bite wasn't strong enough to hold us there.

We saw a couple of nice weed lines on the way in but don't know if the water was warm enough to hold fish.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.