NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm gonna have to use an alternate route to get around Kinston to keep off highway 70 to and from the coast or those tackle shops are going to be my ruination.:eek: Honestly, I only stopped to use the rest room. I walked by this rod rack and a voice kept saying " buy me"-- "buy me". When I found what was talking to me, it was a 6 ft., one piece, ultra light, FALCON. Soon as I picked it up a 5 lb. speckled hit-- I fought that fish all over the store. He got off at the checkout counter as I was paying for this new master piece. I am trying hard to justify the purchase of this rod, but not making much progress. Good Wife told me last time I bought a new one I probably needed to talk to Dr. Phil. I think its because I ain't fishing guite enough.:D

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
I heard that same voice myself this morning. result wasn't too bad 3 spools of flourocarbon and a 2600 yd spool of 20 lb maxima. I never have really given Maxima a real chance so I reckon I'll have to buy some more reels to put it on as mine all have fresh line on them right now. I sure wish these Tackle companies would send a little check here and there to ease the expense of field testing their products!:D :D :D

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
From the looks of the photo you posted to the "Rod Racks" thread, you don't have room for it anyway. Bring a couple over to my place, if that'll make it easier for ya. ;)

·
Registered
574 Posts
I'm glad to hear somebody has experience the mystical draw of the Nuese. I thought there was something wrong with my truck. If I'm heading east on 70 thru Kinston, my little truck ALWAYS takes a hard right in the same spot. I can't control it! I tell my wife "we better get out and investigate the problem and since we're here, we might as well just step inside". Funny thing is when I'm heading west, it's a hard left. Weird, huh?

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It works on me in both directions, sometimes from the far right lane when traveling west. Thats another good reason to let the magnetical forces take over the steering and guide you into the parking lot when you are heading east. It might just prevent a head on collision with me when I'm heading west.:eek:

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
I'm down here in Ft. Lauderdale today on business. After work I decided to go in the Bass Pro Shop next to the Fisherman's Hall of Fame.

All I got to say besides........ WOW... is that it's a good thing I'm on a plane and have limited baggage space going home tomorrow. This one is bigger than any other Bass Pro Shop I've seen. Amazing....:D

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I finally "fessed up" to buying another fishing rod, now I'm suspecting another big problem developing here. I've caught the Good Wife inspecting this one a couple times, checking out the action and asking what reel I'm putting on it.This was the only one in the store that I found just like it. Now, wouldn't it be a hoot if she tries to lay claim to it. I believe I'm gonna have to remind her that this marriage is still on a trial basis after 51 years.:D

Later, Forrest

·
Registered
574 Posts
Forrest, I only have 11 years of marriage under my belt, but I would let rod go! She won't always be fishing w/ you, so you could use it then and you can always use it as an excuse to buy the next rod. "I'm just replacing the rod you claimed, Honey.":D

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ParrotHead--- Thanks-- Great advice-- With the Neuse's big after Christmas sale coming up in just a little over a month-- Maybe two rods to replace this one-- and new reel time!!:D

Later, Forrest

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Bought 5 All Stars today. Sometimes I think I need a wife to keep me in check. It was really easy I just told myself that they were for resale puposes. I don't know when I'll have time to sell them but I haven't gotten them out of the van yet so maybe I won't fall in love with too many of them. :eek: AL

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
what you heard was the voice of the greater bait monkey. he is that evil lil booger that sits on your shoulder and says "buy me" at times the monkey on your back can be a 200 pound gorilla..
this lil beast is responable for the theft of every red cent you have. if you find your self heading for the poor house for excessive tackle buying. this lil feller is the reason. also gives you a good excuse when the better half wants to know were the money is-"the bait monkey made me do it..."

zooker

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
AL---You can't get them off your mind so you might as well go get them-- Face it ! You're addicted just like me.:eek: You are a Tackle Junky !!

Later, Forrest

·
Registered
8 Posts
Help! Help! He's everywhere! He's everyewhere! He's at wal-mart, He's at Basspro. And I heard at Chtristmas time if we are not verry careful, he is going to spread turmoil up and down the eastern seaboard and in the inland water ways that there is going to be a epidemic of the bait monkey like never seen in the history of Anglers world wide. My wife said she is worried about that monkey and decided to put a lock and chain on my wallet. She said the women are already talking of inventing some sort of monkey that just might benefit them. I told her it was not a good idea.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.