NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
long story shorten
let me explain it like this. the pregnant aunt of my girlfriend.went into laybor last night-the aunt NOT my girlfriend-as i "just" happened to be there:rolleyes: when she went into laybor.being the only one strong enought to lift a 180 pound pregnant woman. the insuing car loading and high speed driving to the hospital went well..:cool:

now the question for you all more mmm "experianced" members.:Dafter things settled down i was tring to call the father on the cellphone when i realized my hands were shakin so bad i could not read the numbers.that and i was pacing in the waiting room..

is this normal?? i understand the addrenalin kick but ****!! i have never been this nervus EVER!!!! it took me an hour to calm down-i was REALLY wanting a smoke too-
good news is mom and twins-boy/girl-are doing fine..i found out that they named the boy after ME!!-not zooker my real name-:eek::eek::eek::eek:

zooker

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I think it is a natural "nurturing" thing. My sister in law was pregnant 2 yrs ago and near the end it was really wierd for me.. The day she went into labor I was rushing to the hospital and all up in everyones business..LOL!!

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
zook -- You did good!--We have four children--seven grandchildren--three greats. At times of their births I don't remember any calm times.--and if you hang around long its probably not going to improve much as they get older.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
You are the man Zook!
It is funny , in most situattions I am as calm, cool and collected as it gets when something like that happens. Now if something like that happens and I can't be on the scene... it gets to me in a big way. Quite the reverse of normal I suppose.
Now where babies are concerned... I have a feeling that the waiting part would get to me also... Like Randy said that can be life and death. If you are waiting there is a feeling of helplesness. I kinda hope I don't have to find out what I would feel like...but it is not bad to have the experience... because hey...somebody has got to do it.

·
Registered
840 Posts
long story shorten
let me explain it like this. the pregnant aunt of my girlfriend.went into laybor last night-the aunt NOT my girlfriend-as i "just" happened to be there:rolleyes: when she went into laybor.being the only one strong enought to lift a 180 pound pregnant woman. the insuing car loading and high speed driving to the hospital went well..:cool:

now the question for you all more mmm "experianced" members.:Dafter things settled down i was tring to call the father on the cellphone when i realized my hands were shakin so bad i could not read the numbers.that and i was pacing in the waiting room..

is this normal?? i understand the addrenalin kick but ****!! i have never been this nervus EVER!!!! it took me an hour to calm down-i was REALLY wanting a smoke too-
good news is mom and twins-boy/girl-are doing fine..i found out that they named the boy after ME!!-not zooker my real name-:eek::eek::eek::eek:

zooker

After rangering for nearly 10 years and seeing everything from car accidents with ejected persons to child drownings to suicides, I can honestly say that it is completely normal for you to react the way you did. Not too long ago I scraped a guy up off the pavement on Old Weaver Trail. I was headed home for my dinner break when I saw a guy lying face up in the road, his motorcycle lying in the ditch.

My training kicked into high gear and I made sure he was 1) alive 2) conscious and breathing. Turned out he only suffered a broken right elbow and NO head trauma - LUCKY! After he was transported, I continued home for dinner. It took me about 30 minutes to come down off my adrenaline high.

It is a natural response. You can't process it when it's happening; you just act. It's only afterward when you have a chance to think about it that you go "Holy Cow! Did I really just do what I think I did??" It's gonna be REAL interesting to see how I handle the birth of my own child. Its a bit different when a situation like this affects you personally.

Good job!

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
I agree -- normal.

I spent the first hour of my son's life on the floor of the hospital room. He needed a few moments of encouragement to start breathing, but once he started crying, all the color drained from my face. One of the nurses said "Dad, you need to sit down..." Wound up so overcome that I started crying, they laid me out on the floor, propped up my feet, even gave me an ammonia capsule...

Ah...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Very natural Zooker. Now you can calm down and do some fishing. Just thing you have a namesake to teach. Start him out with tackle-monkie box. Just take the hooks off the rattle trap and watch him go. lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.