NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Big brown on the Tuckaseegee. YouTube - Tuckaseegee Toads
HEY CRUMMY, If we can ever get the number of sportsmen in North Carolina to outnumber the consumers (those who have to eat every fish they catch) we'll have an abundance of fish like that to enjoy!!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HEY CRUMMY, If we can ever get the number of sportsmen in North Carolina to outnumber the consumers (those who have to eat every fish they catch) we'll have an abundance of fish like that to enjoy!!
I mostly practice catch and release. The only exception will be opening of delayed harvest where I will abide by creel limits. I figure I have paid for my share for the year. I also go locally to opening of hatchery supported. I keep enough for supper and that is it. Only other exception to these 2 occaisions will be in the case of a trophy for the wall.:D I have caught some nice ones but I have not kept any to mount. One day I will.(maybe I could use the measure and pic method) I have been thinking lately of mounting some really good examples of each(trout) for the wall. I have my "Wall of fame" in the garage. First is a good 20+" Rainbow my grandfather caught in the early '60's in a local creek.(old mount), next is a 42" King Salmon my dad caught in Canada. Just looking at those, mine must be bigger! Any suggestions?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Yeah - come fish in my pond - we have some REALLY big fish. King Mackerel, Bluefin Tuna, Amberjacks, sharks, etc...... :)
Oh quit bragging, Mike...... The only reason the fish in your pond are bigger than ours is because of the Marine Fisheries Officers, who do a tremendous job. But then if I were a fish in your pond and could find my way in to stump sound, I'm sure I would be fat as a pig (Stump Sound Salties) just pass the hushpuppies!!!!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah - come fish in my pond - we have some REALLY big fish. King Mackerel, Bluefin Tuna, Amberjacks, sharks, etc...... :)
Yeah, I know. I just may have to resort to saltwater. Haven't been in a while. I also have a friend in FL who is beggin' me to come down and fish the Gulf. Boy, it's hard to get me out of these hills.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.