NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've fished out of Oriental the last few years with some but not great success. We have been going late September/early October time period. At that time of year we have had to travel downriver from Oriental and fish in the sound. This year we are going to try late August/early September. We have two choices at this point to either go August 22nd and 23rd or September 5th or 6th. From you guys that know the fishery, I have a couple questions. Are the fish more readily available around Oriental at that time, and if you could only go for a couple days, which of those dates would you shoot for? Thanks in advance for any suggestions you might have.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
There will be a lot of boats on the water either weekend so base it on weather conditions closer to the time period. Wind, water temp and inshore rainfall ( pushes fresh water into the bay) Both should be productive if the weather is right and boat traffic is moderate.

Reactions: RouseD

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
The week before the full moon should stack them up in that area. I'll be down in Aug and Sept chasing bull reds and fish for the freezer....:)

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info guys. Gotta plan ahead as my son has to schedule time off from work, otherwise I would just wait 'till the time comes.

·
Registered
104 Posts
There will be a lot of boats on the water either weekend so base it on weather conditions closer to the time period. Wind, water temp and inshore rainfall ( pushes fresh water into the bay) Both should be productive if the weather is right and boat traffic is moderate.
Better yet, I would give it a try on the eastern portion of the Pamlico River up to the mouth of the Pungo River. They will be there during that time frame with a lot less boat traffic than the oriental area.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts