NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused: I was unable to fish over the weekend. I normally fish the Pungo/northern Pamlico sound, and my impression up to that point is that there are some big ones around, but like everything else for this year except flounder, a little slow compared to more normal years. Personally, my boat has only landed one this year. Now I'm getting ready to have 2 sets of guests over the coming weekend and early following week (planned months in advance) specifically for the oldies, but getting a bit nervous. Reports seem to be very inconsistent, and so far nothing on this board about this last weekend. I've been bragging to my out of town buddies about this fishery for years, and to maximize our chances I have booked a reputable guide for a 1/2 day as back up. Sure would like to also get some on our own. Has anybody got any encouraging news?

·
Registered
421 Posts
I am going to the Neuse this coming weekend. The boards haven't exactly exploded about it yet but my sense is that its just been building and not at the peak for the year yet? Either that or people are being more tight-lipped about it. I am looking forward to the trip no matter what. Me and my friend with the boat each caught our first old drum a couple years ago, it was fantastic! I hope you and your guests have a good time!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Got one last Monday 44". First for my guest. Fished Saturday and had to leave about 8:30pm due to wind getting too high with nothing to show for it but a few rays. Went back Sunday and landed three. Two 44" and one 46". Another first for another guest. Fish aren't everywhere but they are there if you can find their spots. We must have fished 7 or 8 places before we found any. All three came off one spot. Monday's one came from another spot. Good luck. Ain't nothing like it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.