NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently "found" an old rod and reel that belonged to my dad, I forgot I had it stashed away in the attic. Wonder if any of you guys are familiar with the model.

The reel is a Penn "Long Beach #68" and the rod is a Montague 7770 6' made by True Temper. The rod is glass with wood handles, metal seat and fiber/thread wraps with metal guides. The rod is great shape, the reel works but needs some work. It has braided line that looks about 80# or better on it.

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Al for the great info on my "find". Actually I'm very interested in keeping and using the Rod. I might have the reel rebuilt but to be honest, not sure I would use it. But that rod, now there's a beauty. Don't matter to me if it's out of style. I like it, that wood handle and old style glass is just gorgeous to me. I'll take your advice on recoating the wraps. I inspected all the guides, no nicks, burrs, pits, etc. So they should be fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.