NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning,

I am looking to buy a propeller driven kayak for fishing inshore along the coastal areas (sometimes freshwater).

I am looking at both the OLD TOWN SPORTSMAN SALTY PDL 120 and the OLD TOWN SPORTSMAN PDL 120.

Does anyone have either one of these kayaks and would you share your thoughts on them.

Thanks.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Well, I have the sportsman 106 PDL (10'6") And....WHAT A GAME CHANGER! Comfortable as hell. Light enough (w/o pedal drive attached) to load in and out of the truck easily. Stable as can be, I can stand up in it no problem. VERY user friendly as far as attaching the pedal drive, lowering the rudder and steering. I average 4.0mph with a normal pedal pressure. Added to detectable rod holders to the tracks on each side. Plenty of storage for the mass amounts of gear I bring.

I have the same plan as you do, take it to do some coastal fishing every weekend over the summer. With the hands free of peddling, you can troll to your spot while setting up other rigs. If I do start getting antsy, I just stand up to stretch my legs and ass.

I bought this one while I was in FL last month. Saw they had them in stock and jumped on it immediately due to the high demand and shortage of the pedal kayaks everywhere. This is my 3rd kayak and just put together a storage rack for all 3. But, this one will be getting the most use for sure. Any other questions feel free to ask.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts