NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have an Ollies anywhere around you they have Zoom softbait products for $1.99 a bag and Ugly Stik rods for $19.99 right now. Usually some Berkley stuff in the racks too. Good place to grab fishing snacks, craft (lure making) stuff and spray paint for touching up the old trailer too..

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Just be careful about getting their knock off stuff (like Blaze lures) that are mixed in. Some are okay, but just be aware they mix name brand liquidation with cheap imports. Having said that, they have some saltwater lures in the Blaze line - big lipless cranks - that I have read good reports on for trolling for mackerel. The TX rig guys like them because they get broken off a fair amount and if you pay $15 a lure that gets old really fast.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought some el cheapo wiper blades there for my Element. I figured at $1.99 ea if they lasted a month they were worth it. Some of the best blades I've ever had 6 months later. You have to remember a lot of this stuff all comes out of the same factories and it is just relabeled for different retailers. Not always the case but I don't shy away from trying stuff if it's cheap and isn't obviously junk.
I used to work in a place that manufactured lithographic printing plates. We ran 3 lines 24hrs a day. The same plates were labeled for 5-6 different markets and price varied 250% between our best and our cheap stuff. Now I will say the tolerance allowed for the cheap plates was a bit more but still well within reasonable range for long use. Later I worked in a factory that built lawn sprinklers for commercial use. Same deal. Only exception was for one brand we used the black plastic base, one for orange, one for green. Price varied 200% at the retailer and warranty was less on the cheapest.

Reactions: drjon

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
I knowingly buy cheap knockoffs a lot; I own several wLure cranks and blades that I am pleased with. I was just warning people to watch that they don't unknowingly do it. In the fishing lures in particular, they tend to intermingle. I think it is because they are sorting by type, not necessarily trying to fool you. Sometimes it looks like the same stuff in different colors side by side and some colors will be different brands. At least I have run across that in Cary; not sure if they are all stocked that way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.