NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed out about 1:30 this afternoon since the rain had not yet arrived and wanted to get some fishing in.

Even though it was midday decided what the heck start out with the Buzzbait. First cast BAM fish on a nice 1 pounder. Fished it a bit longer and had a blow up right next to a branch I think the branch deflected the buzz just slightly and the fish missed. Tossed in a senko and nuthing. Kept working the buzz and on one toss very early in the retrieve a BIG fish totally misses. I drop the pole grab the senko and toss into the area again no luck I sure thought I landed right next to the splash but I guess that bass was headed in a different direction.

Threw the buzz for a little longer and decided since the wind was picking up would try something else. I thought about a spinner but really haven't had a lot of success with spinners so decided to toss a Chatter Bait. Third cast of the chatter very close to shore I feel like I snagged a branch no tap just pure weight. After a second I realized I had a fish on and the guy in the picture was landed.

I tried a worm and a red eyed shad but than the rain started and came down hard chasing me back to the car and off to the bait shop to get another buzz bait since two nights ago I casted one a little to close to the tree line.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tried the chatterbait in the river a while on Sunday. Still yet to get a strike on one...
i never fished it much but just figured with the wind maybe they were running deeper. Today tried it nuthing but than only one on a buzz band one good one lost on worm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts