NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went fishing this weekend at my favorite lake. Had hopes high for that big springtime bucketmouth. I started my morning throwing a buzzbait to no avail. After that I went to a great spot I found last fall at low levels, with submerged stumps and a great point with rock drops. I decided to listen to the words of the wise one, SPIDEY and throw out my 3/4 oz red eye shad. It was such a beautiful spring morning and I just had a good feeling. Started reeling slowly and felt the weight. I knew it wasn't a stump as my drag whizzed away and then a big breach which had me putting my rod tip down into the lake. The hooks held strong and I soon lipped this beautiful fish. After I made an attempt to take a couple bad pictures with my phone, I weighed her (just shy of 9 lbs) and got her back in the water to recoup. She did one of those nice super slow swims with that big tail back and forth down to her haunt. After that I caught a few more smaller bucks and called it a day. Not a lot of fish, but I just wanted that one!

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.