NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where I swear I hate fishing. :D

Woke up around 8:30, (thanks to basswrangler calling to brag about his recent fishing purchases) and decided to do some fishing before work. Took the yak down to the creek about 9:15 and started tossing poppers and worms. A couple blow ups and a dink on the worm but not as action packed as I wanted. I figured what the heck, why not try something new? So I tied on a Rat-L-Trap and started fishing the only hole in the creek deep enough to not get slimed up. Bam, second cast it was on. 6 bass and a bowfin in half an hour.

Water Fisherman Fish Fishing Ray-finned fish
Water Vertebrate Fisherman Fish Recreational fishing

It was getting hot so I was getting ready to leave so I made a cast to a spot I had been saving. Ripped the trap about three times before I "snagged." Then the drag started pulling. Got a nice sleigh ride up and down the creek before I finally pulled the 5+ pound bass into my little yak. Second biggest bass I have ever caught out of that little creek, (6 pounder last year and a 4 pounder last week are my other biggest.) I was way too excited as I tried to unhook him, I knew I could get the perfect picture for a report on ncangler. But he has other ideas and with a head shake, he set the hook into my middle finger, and ripped it back out, leaving me fishless and with a throbbing finger. I was so mad I loaded up the yak and headed home. I did rescue a popper and a rapala from a tree at the creek so that was a plus.

I guess I don't hate fishing that much, considering I plan to go again tomorrow, and at least I got to see him!

·
Red X Angler
11,230 Posts
I don't know why some fish are so camera shy! I have the hardest time getting good trout pictures, I think I have a picture of finstalker taken about a 1/2 second after a nice bow came out of his hands.

I hope the finger is OK

Darrell

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
Nice job, Swampin'.. sorry it got away but sounds like you got bit pretty well in that creek!

Reactions: dbeam
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.