NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've used the turbotax online tax prep SW site very successfully for the last couple years, but have been generally unable to use it at all this year. Every page transition seems to hang my browser (tried Firefox 1.5 & 2.0, IE 6 & 7) and I could only get a few pages through the system in a night before giving up. I finally gave up completely on turbo and switched to taxcut tonight. Its been much better as I've gotten most of the way through in a single evening, but still not what I would call seamless. I've had 4 or 5 hangs that I got around with a series of reloads or by logoff & restart. Now I'm really fighting it to get the last few steps completed, to the point where I've had plenty of time to come out and post this rant.

Is it just me, or is this stuff getting worse?

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Our long national nightmare is over. [-]I am not a crook[/-] - oops, I mean taxes successfully e-filed (just barely). Looks like enough slush in the refund to add a sweet depthfinder to the kayak!

Final recommendation: Save yourself some time and aggravation and pick up one of the CD-based programs instead of using the web-based ones. Or listen to somebody else who had a less frustrating time with the web sites. Paper would have been easier and more efficient for me this year.

Many refunds to all and to all a good night!

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Ruh roh... ya got me a little nervous there jeffo... I've been a turbo-taxer for some time as well...

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, maybe it's just me and my rabid pursuit (&corruption) of the latest in browser technology, though I tried to rule that out early in my tax effort on different machines. Or maybe its my ISP connection (earthlink over timewarner - who knows whose cache is caching whose content?). I do have a couple of other long-unexplained oddities that seem to be worse from home on my laptop - hotmail logoffs go into never-never-land and allstate.com doesn't seem to work at all for me. Erasing all cookies seems to help allstate but I haven't figured out why that msn/live logoff flow breaks.

Hundreds of other sites, such as this fine NCangler.com community (note: shameless plug for free ncangler bumper sticker!), work flawlessly...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.