NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since moving to Charlotte I've been insanely busy. Work has been wild with the new store opening and it really hasn't left much time for fishing save an hour here or there. In all of that time I hadn't caught a single bass. I was grateful for my great day offshore a couple weeks ago but the fact that I didn't really have anywhere local that was producing was bummin me out. Fast forward to yesterday I headed out mid afternoon not expecting much just wanting to get outside and picked up my first charlotte bass at about 15" on a c-rigged berkley federale 10" worm. Couple casts later spidey texts me asking if it was a 4"er and low and behold I got a tiny little guy the next cast no more than 6".

Went back today after picking up some Strike King Rage Anaconda worms. About 30 minutes in I feel the tap and then the fish takes off, strong hook set and I know I've got a better fish. a few exciting jumps and I have a decent fish over 4# in my hand. Ended my night with another 13-14"er that fought well for his size. The seal has been broken and I'm ready to start trying to find some new spots soon. Look out Charlotte bass!!

Fisherman Grass Fish Fin Recreational fishing
Vertebrate Smile Sky Fisherman Outdoor recreation

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Spidey, I heard you were going to get my future SIL to the water tomorrow. I am sure he will enjoy it.

Darrell
just sent him a note I got a bit overheated sitting in a football stand yesterday so need to take a couple of days off. We are going to shoot for next sat.

Reactions: dbeam

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
For anyone thinking of fishing in Charlotte, THERE ARE NO FISH TO BE FOUND HERE! I don't know anyone in Charlotte who knows of anyone that goes by the name of NCStateFisher. Prank poster...Prank poster. We don't know you. There are no fish in Charlotte so don't come here.

J/K NC.... whoever you are. :D

Congrats on that 4# you did NOT catch here. :cool:

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
For anyone thinking of fishing in Charlotte, THERE ARE NO FISH TO BE FOUND HERE! I don't know anyone in Charlotte who knows of anyone that goes by the name of NCStateFisher. Prank poster...Prank poster. We don't know you. There are no fish in Charlotte so don't come here.

J/K NC.... whoever you are. :D

Congrats on that 4# you did NOT catch here. :cool:
darn I was going to make a road trip out that way I guess I still will to NOT catch fish

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.