NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Nice one. Gonna do some fishing with these warm days coming up too. Never really have any luck on the surf at Onslow or anywhere else but I get out there quite a bit because I can drive on and the kids wear themselves out in the process of me catching nothing. What'd you catch them on today?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try the ICW, majority of the trout I've caught in my life have been under that old rotating bridge that everyone in Eastern North Carolina seems to know about. :D They bit the tails off 2 of my Z-Man's so I ended up throwing a 3" white Gulp mullet on a red jig for that one.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Yesterday the trout were biting good as usual at the onslow icw, 10-20 sometimes 30 a day. Keepers are hard to come by but the little ones are a good time. The rain seems to have slowed them down there today though. I've never tried the beach, don't have a way to get to the inlet. And have no clue how inspired fish it with a 7ft med rod haha

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yesterday the trout were biting good as usual at the onslow icw, 10-20 sometimes 30 a day. Keepers are hard to come by but the little ones are a good time. The rain seems to have slowed them down there today though. I've never tried the beach, don't have a way to get to the inlet. And have no clue how inspired fish it with a 7ft med rod haha
My favorite spot is right there at the bridge. When I feel like going out and catching fish, not necessarily keepers, I go out there and it never fails. Thinking about getting a kayak to hit the other parts of base more readily.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.