NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a shot at the jacksonville tournament yesterday. Starting off at 6 in the am yesterday was rough. With the water from our line literally freezing the first few eyes solid until around 8am the fishing was hard. We pressed on but in the end the weigh-in time would be our downfall with only average fish we didn't bother running to the weigh in and instead we figured we would let the trout know there are consequences for doing us like they did in the morning. If the tourney had lasted a few more hours we would have beat the overall weight by a couple pounds (judging from what I heard final winning weight was) and big fish by about a pound. It was hard to avoid the reds today and we accidentally ran into them a few times while looking for trout. We would double up every time we hit the reds throwing pretty much anything from a topwater to soft plastics and mirrolures. Biggest trout was 28 and over 8 lbs.

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Pretty sure I ran into all you guys in the tournament as I was petrified and shocked when I launched the boat, turned a corner and ran into an endless amount of serious fishermen. Later in the day someone told me it was a tournament and I had no clue. Just figured everyone had the same idea as me. Didn't have near as good as luck as you though. At least someone is handling them.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pretty sure I ran into all you guys in the tournament as I was petrified and shocked when I launched the boat, turned a corner and ran into an endless amount of serious fishermen. Later in the day someone told me it was a tournament and I had no clue. Just figured everyone had the same idea as me. Didn't have near as good as luck as you though. At least someone is handling them.
Haha. If you ran into an endless amount of fishermen you weren't anywhere near me and Allen. We share an acute allergy to other fishermen. :D It would seem that a lot of guys underestimate the effect of a ton of noise and boat traffic in an otherwise quiet body of water. I have a favorite trout hole that will drop dead for at least 30 mins from just a wake from a far off passing boat.

·
Registered
476 Posts
nice fish... yeah we fished wed through Saturday, wed -fri in the yaks and on Thursday had 2 citations best 4 went 20.11 only had enough for 6th place in the tournament on Saturday!

·
Registered
947 Posts
Lol. Yea right. I have tried winning it before and to no avail. I used to give water temp and a lot more info on structure, depth, lures, tide, presentation, etc just to try and get my picture on the front page once but I have long since given up on that one.
If this doesn't qualify as a blog award, then nothing does. Nice catch and congrats!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.