NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to my spot about 6, drizzling rain (lasted all day) but water clear. The big surprise was no one else on the water! Nothing hitting till 7:30 or so. Caught several brook 10 -13 inches, kept 4. Continued catching nice fish all over 10. Landed two good rainbows around 10:00. One went 15, the other 14. Finished my limit with one more brook. Went in at 11:00. Ended up catching over 20 on the day. Only saw 4 other fishermen all morning. The other strange absence was the game warden. Never saw one the 5 hours I was there and I was in a very acessable area.
Water too high and dirty to fish on Sunday. Went today but the new stockers weren't very active yet. Will hit it early tomorrow before work.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
What creek did you fish? My grandpa lives in Low Gap and we fish up there at Fisher River alot. This year we hit the Dan for opening day, but drove up and spent some time with my grandpa. Thinking about another trip real soon before we head to the Roanoke for stripers and thinking about hitting grandpa's area. Only 4 other fisherman and no gamewarden :eek: , man, that is unusual. Went last year in late May/early June on the Fisher and the game warden pulled up before we could get out of the truck. Love hunting/fishing that area.
Mike

Take a kid outdoors!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.