NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got up at 4:30 am and checked the weather. Decided to head on up, and glad I did. Took Zach to the Dan River and had a great morning (despite the rain). Fished with crappie minnows and had my limit by 8:30 including throwing back several. Zach had his limit by 9:45 so we headed up to see my grandpa and take him out to lunch. Biggest was 17" and 2 1/2 lbs. Two others at a pound and a half. This was Zach's 1st limit he caught totally by himself. Trout have been the only fish to give him a problem
, but he got on 'em today. Suprisingly the water was up a little but not stained at all. All the feeder creeks we crossed as we were leaving were muddying up pretty good so I'm sure the Dan will too. Got to see several turkeys strutting out in the middle of several fields on our way out too.
Mike

Take a kid outdoors!

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
10-4.........now a few of them are some very nice specimens of bow's.

Thats how I usually see turkeys, headed away from me and nowhere in shotgun range.

tight lines <*)))))>{

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
EXCELLENT JOB AND SOME SWEET BOW BRUTES IN THOSE STRINGERS GREAT EATING AND HIS SMILE SAYS IT ALL THANKS FOR SHARING :)

·
Registered
493 Posts
Amen to that...Great smile! What a wonderful day for both of you and Turkey to boot. Thanks for the pics and the sharing. Tremendous...

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Lookin' Good!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.